D-Mannose is a natural occurring simple sugar that appears to be a safe, practical alternative for the treatment of urinary tract infections (UTI’s). D-Mannose is absorbed eight times slower than glucose, and when ingested, is not converted to glycogen or stored in the liver, but rather goes directly to the blood stream from the upper GI tract. Hence, D-Mannose is mostly filtered through the kidneys and routed to the bladder lining is comprised of polysaccharide molecules. Finger-like projections on the cell surface of E. coli bacteria adhere to these molecules, initiating an infection. In the presence of D-Mannose, E. coli preferentially attach to D-Mannose molecules forming a complex which is expelled with the next voiding.
D-Mannose probably works 80-90% of the time because the bacteria disabled by Mannose causes 80-90% of UTI’s. Whereas antibiotic treatment radically changes GI bacterial populations required for good health, potentially causing fungal or gastrointestinal infections, D-Mannose removes “bad” bacteria by attachment and voiding.
1. mannose can be used for additives of food and beverage. Rehabilitation of diabetes, obesity, constipation and high cholesterol and so on have a good supporting role.
2. mannose has anti-inflammatory effect, can inhibit the inflammatory response during wound healing.
3. inhibition of tumor growth and prevent parasites,bactena, viruses and bactenal intections.
4. one of medicines component to improve sleep.
5. D-mannose maintain urinary tract health purposes in an effective way and will not interfere with blood sugar regulation.
6. D mannose maintain urinary tract health purposes in an effective way and will not interfere with blood sugar regulation.